Friday, December 26, 2008

On Location

Finally here at Al Asad, Iraq. Still in training and trying to get adjusted to things, like where everything is located and so on and so forth. No real idea if this is my final stop or if I will be transfered to another location. Four of us electricians went to Christmas Eve Service with the Marines stationed here. It was a tradtional Reading of the Christmas story with Catholic style included. Candle lighting and so forth. I enjoyed it and it was touching being so far away from home. Doesn't really feel like Christmas, cool at night and up to 70' during the day if it is sunny. This is the first time I have been this far away from home since I was in the submarines, so luckily I know how to adjust and with communication so available it is easier to stay in touch. My wife is the greatest at keeping everyone informed and loving me so far away. She is doing really well at adjusting to the single wife/ soldiers wife role. More updates soon.

No comments: