Friday, April 10, 2009

The Return Trip Has Begun

Well, KBR finally called with good news. I am returning to Al Asad to my old ( original ) job. My leave date could be as soon as Monday or shortly there after, depending when travel gets a hold of me. I am glad to have a good job in these times of layoffs and cut backs. Leaving home is very hard, more so on my wife and kids. I return to my friends I have made and Ranel has to do twice the work here at home. I feel happy to still be able to provide for my family but saddened to be leaving again, even though I will be able to come home again in June/July for a vacation.

The trip back will take a couple of days and 20 to 25 hours of flying time. I will need a day to change time zones and flight lag. Then back to 14 hour days 7 days a week. Inspecting the newest version of electrical work.

Well, I hopefully will know the final travel arrangements by today, but so far KBR is a little slow on the "getting back to me" part.

No comments: