Friday, January 16, 2009

My Wife Who Loves Me


I would like to take this time that I suddenly have today to write about someone incredibly special in my life. This woman is my lovely wife Ranel. She has struggled at times with me being gone in Iraq, days of uncertainty and emotion, times of doubts and fears. Yet she sends me great things to make my life here in a tent better; little things to remind me of her, making sure I know she cares. All the while keeping things running at home and trying to keep up with all the things I normally take care of when I was home. The love that I can feel is something only one away from home can experience, Emotion rise up in me that make my eyes water, the love I have for this woman of 18 years feels like the first year of our marriage. I can’t wait to come home in April to hold her once again. I can truly understand what Solomon wrote in Proverbs 5:15 – 19, that states:
Never Take Love for Granted
15-16 Do you know the saying, "Drink from your own rain barrel, draw water from your own spring-fed well"?It's true. Otherwise, you may one day come home and find your barrel empty and your well polluted.
17-20 Your spring water is for you and you only, not to be passed around among strangers.Bless your fresh-flowing fountain! Enjoy the wife you married as a young man!Lovely as an angel, beautiful as a rose— don't ever quit taking delight in her body. Never take her love for granted!
(This is the Message Translation)
Now who can say that the institution of marriage is not a sacred gift from God, who continues to keep faithful and true to my wife, my heart desires only her, and my dreams reflect the love we have made for each other God is touching our lives each day. Only He can close this gap we are experiencing through the distance, any His love for us is strong enough to get us through. I thank God for my wife each day and am so happily in love with her even after 18 years and a lot of changes that we have endured. There is no chance that I would take this gift that only God could arrange (if you know how we met) and put it jeopardy. So, if you haven’t figured it out “I LOVE RANEL, MY WIFE!!”.

No comments: