Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Video Chat


Dan flew over to Bahgdad last week for a week of training. There he was able to finlly get on his own computer onto the internet. Here is is playing with the video chat. This isn't the greatest video but its a start. I'm not sure but he may be flying back to Al Asad today or tomorrow. Notice the hair cut. Yeah! much better.

Yesterday Dan had to wear a 100lb. bullet proof vest from his sleeping trailer to the class room. This was being required by the army base for safty due to the elections. However the elections over there were peacefull so we don't really get it. The weight of the vest caused Dan's shoulder muscles to go in to spasams. Here is his message to me.

"Hey I had to go to medical for my shoulder pain at 6 am this morning. It was so bad it woke me up at 2 or 3 in the am and I couldn't sleep. It is an irritated mucle at the top of the shoulder, so irritated that it is cutting off the nerves and the whole right side of my chest and back and arms are twitching non stop. The medic massaged me twice (I think he is gay, but good massuse) and iced it down twice. They also gave me some anti twitch pills and a pain injection. Hopefully when you get up I will be in much better shape. The cause is carrying around the bullet proof vest I m sure."

No comments: